All classes of thr New Media and Journalism programme from Yasar University has advanced audio-visual equipment and informatics infrastructure. Computer labs, photograph, television and radio studios of Media Center are used for the studies of students.
Besides, students have access to a rich library and database service in a modern campus. Agreements and practices of student exchange with foreign universities (Erasmus) offers the opportunity of taking education abroad and experiencing.
The students that will be graduated from the Department of New Media and Communication will be graduated by specializing both in the theoretical knowledge of media and communication and new technologies, being aware of technological advances, knowing the dynamics of digital world and being able to analyze it.
Students who are graduated from this department will work as social media analyst, social media manager, social media strategy specialist, visual and multimedia journalist, digital content strategy specialist, digital content designer, digital content developer, digital strategist, digital storyteller and virtual event director.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students of New Media and Communication Department will take the courses of journalism, publishing and public relations that are traditionally instructed in communication departments; visual design courses instructed in art departments and software and application development philosophy, game design, human- computer interaction, network topology courses in one academic discipline.
- There are also new media arrangements and policies, social psychology, culture industries, sociology, political sciences, history, philosophy, computer sciences and management courses in the curriculum. The interdisciplinary approach of the department offers the opportunity of being in contact with the industries, taking part in national and international contests, exhibitions and projects and applied learning.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesJournalism Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 5 other Bachelors in Media Management in Turkey
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International students need to apply for a student visa in order to study at the university and after they should apply for a residence permit
- Fill out the application form on the University website
- Copy of High school diploma and Transcript of records/ required scores (both in English or Turkish)
- Reference letter
- Motivation Letter
- Passport Copy
- Foreign language exam results (not mandatory)
International6500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 USD per year during 48 months.
National6500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Izmir
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.