This combined Human Nutrition and Dietetics program from Abu Dhabi University is a highly regarded degree that combines the academic and supervised practice experience to qualify graduates to become licensed dietitians in the UAE. The program equips students with the knowledge and skills needed for entry-level practice as dietitians, both at a national and international level. The curriculum is multi-disciplinary and encompasses a wide range of courses, including nutrition, food science, public health, physiology, management, research, dietetics, and other supporting courses.
The program is a four-year program of a total of 130 credits. It has an integrated supervised practice (Practicum) component of at least 1200 hours with affiliated organizations in the UAE, including VPS Healthcare, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi (CCAD), and Mediclinic Al Noor Hospital, as well as regional medical centers.
The program has obtained the UAE Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) and allows eligibility to be licensed in the UAE to practice as a clinical dietitian. It prepares students for successful careers in allied health or to continue their education with advanced degrees.
There is a global demand for dietitians and nutritionists to provide care for patients with various medical conditions and advise people on health. Employment opportunities for dietitians and nutritionists are expected to grow 15% from 2016 to 2026, which is a faster growth rate than the average for all other occupations. A BSc in Human Nutrition and Dietetics can lead to a career working in a variety of roles within the fields of food, nutrition, and health.
The work setting where dietitians can work include:
- Hospitals or other health-care facilities
- Food and nutrition-related business and industries
- Community and public health settings
- Sports nutrition and corporate wellness programs
- Educational institutions
- Private Practice/Consulting
- Assessment of Nutritional Status
- Menu Planning and Evaluation
- Management of Foodservices
- Food Microbiology and Sanitation
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Medical Nutrition Therapy Lab
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Food Sciences
- Indian Senior Secondary Certificates (CBSE), or State Board Examinations, or Indian School Certificates awarded by ICSE: Achieving the minimum average of 50% on completing grade 12
- British System (IGCSE & GCE): Completing a total of 7 subjects from either IGCSE level or AS/A2 levels, in at least 4 of the following fields: Mathematics, Languages, Sciences, Social Studies and Humanities, Art and Design; with a minimum required grade of C for the IGCSE level subjects, D for the AS Levels, and E for A2 subjects. Successfully provide evidence / certificate of completing at least 11 years of schooling.
- Canadian & American High School Diplomas: Achieving the minimum average of 80% on completing grade 12 or its equivalent of overall average B grade or 3.0/ 4.0
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: Successfully completing 6 subjects, with at least 2 at the higher level (HL) and a minimum total of 24 points.
International15437 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 475 EUR per credit during 48 months.
National15437 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 475 EUR per credit during 48 months.
- 1890 AED
Living costs for Abu Dhabi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.