Skilled professionals are increasingly in demand to help improve health and wellbeing in our society. This pioneering course equips you for graduate-level roles in all aspects of health and exercise promotion.
Throughout the Physical Activity, Nutrition And Health With Foundation Year (Hons) programme at the University of Derby , you will work alongside experienced academics and health professionals who will share a broad range of expertise with you.
You’ll enjoy opportunities to undertake your own research into a theme of your choice. This independent study culminates in a major conference where you can present and debate your findings.
At Derby we specialise in nurturing highly employable graduates. The BSc (Hons) Physical Activity, Nutrition and Health qualification offers the ideal preparation for rewarding and wide-ranging careers in areas including health improvement, nutrition and healthy eating promotion, exercise referral, lifestyle management and community development.
You could secure employment with organisations such as the NHS, local councils and public health agencies.Whatever career path you aim to follow, you will graduate with in-depth knowledge and applied experience together with the professional attitude to take you far.
The broader communication, problem-solving, research and presentation skills you gain will prove invaluable for employers beyond the health and local authority sectors too.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods and Data Handling
- Academic and Practical Skills
- Fundamentals of Sport and Exercise Science
- Fundamentals of Human Behaviour
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Nutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 135 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points: 72 (up to 16 from AS-levels)
- Specific requirements at GCSE: GCSE Maths and English are preferred, however if you don't have these qualifications you will be able to undertake Maths and English at L2 as part of your course of study.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14045 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.