The Neural Science program from NYU Shanghai blends courses from many of the basic sciences (such as mathematics, biology, physics, & chemistry) as a foundation for higher level work in Neural Science.
Students who want to have hands-on experience in doing research can take Independent study in Neural Science with a faculty member as the research supervisor. In addition, students who demonstrate a genuine interest in research and achieve a grade point average can apply to be on Honors Track.
Neural science (NS) is a collection of disciplines unified by a concern for the function of the brain. Experimental approaches in neural science vary from analyses of molecular and cellular mechanisms in nerve cells and groups of nerve cells to behavioral and psychological studies of whole organisms.
We attract students who are interested in understanding the brain’s command of all its diverse functions including but not limited to the following questions: How do cell circuits enable us to read and speak? How and why do we form relationships? How do we think, remember, despair, or motivate? What are possible causes of devastating disorders of the brain and body, as well as ways to prevent or cure them?
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Biology
- Foundations of Chemistry
- Chemistry Lab
- General Physics
- Foundations of Physics
- Math Tools for Life Sciences
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Early Decision I - November 1
- Early Decision II - January 1
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Molecular Sciences Neuroscience
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Contact information for the counselor or other school representative who will complete your Common Application School Report and submit your official high school transcript.
- Contact information for one teacher (or two, maximum) who will complete the Teacher Evaluation form.
- Nonrefundable $80.00 application fee. Students who are unable to pay the application fee can request a fee waiver.
- Results from standardized tests and/or national exams
- Results from English language testing are required for students whose native language is not English
- The Common Application School Report and official high school transcript
- One teacher evaluation (students may submit an optional second teacher evaluation, but please submit no more than two)
- The Common Application Mid-Year Report
International52206 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52206 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National52206 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52206 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.