The Economics program from NYU Shanghai leads naturally to careers in business, law, and in economics research and consulting, as well as provides a solid foundation for students who will pursue an MBA degree. Students who wish to attend graduate school in economics should take courses in mathematics beyond the requirements of the economics program.
The economics faculty at NYU Shanghai offers a rare combination of excellence in research and teaching. Many of the economics courses offer the advantage of a liberal arts college setting, including small class sizes and significant interaction between faculty and students. The economics curriculum at NYU Shanghai is designed to introduce students to these fundamental dynamics of human life and, in doing so, is grounded in three basic pedagogical principles:
- Undergraduate students must be exposed to the “big ideas” and pressing social issues of our world and given economic frameworks for thinking about them.
- Meaningful study of economics requires being able to think about problems from local, regional, and global perspectives.
- Understanding how individuals’ make decisions also requires incorporating insights from neuroscience and psychology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistics for Business and Economics
- Probability and Statistics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Economics of Global Business
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Early Decision I - November 1
- Early Decision II - January 1
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics International Business View 17 other Masters in Econometrics in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Contact information for the counselor or other school representative who will complete your Common Application School Report and submit your official high school transcript.
- Contact information for one teacher (or two, maximum) who will complete the Teacher Evaluation form.
- Nonrefundable $80.00 application fee. Students who are unable to pay the application fee can request a fee waiver.
- Results from standardized tests and/or national exams
- Results from English language testing are required for students whose native language is not English
- The Common Application School Report and official high school transcript
- One teacher evaluation (students may submit an optional second teacher evaluation, but please submit no more than two)
- The Common Application Mid-Year Report
International52206 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52206 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National52206 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52206 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.