Students of the Biology program from NYU Shanghai learn to use the contemporary tools and approaches that are available to solve problems in areas of the current life sciences.
In developing the major, we are first focusing on covering the essential “pillars of biological concepts”: molecular and cellular biology, genetics, and evolution. We also ensure that students are trained in modern methods of quantitative and computational analysis.
The major is structured that students can take a diversity of upper-level courses upon completion of the core courses. These intermediate and advanced courses provide a broad and intensive background in modern biology for those interested in careers in research, health-related fields, biotechnology, and education, among others. The biology major allows students to pursue independent research that could lead to an undergraduate thesis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Biology
- Foundations of Chemistry
- Chemistry Lab
- Writing as Inquiry
- Math Tools for Life Sciences
- Foundations of Physics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Early Decision I - November 1
- Early Decision II - January 1
DisciplinesBiology Natural Sciences Biochemistry View 28 other Masters in Biochemistry in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Contact information for the counselor or other school representative who will complete your Common Application School Report and submit your official high school transcript.
- Contact information for one teacher (or two, maximum) who will complete the Teacher Evaluation form.
- Nonrefundable $80.00 application fee. Students who are unable to pay the application fee can request a fee waiver.
- Results from standardized tests and/or national exams
- Results from English language testing are required for students whose native language is not English
- The Common Application School Report and official high school transcript
- One teacher evaluation (students may submit an optional second teacher evaluation, but please submit no more than two)
- The Common Application Mid-Year Report
International52206 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52206 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National52206 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52206 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.