UTS believes a hands-on approach is fundamental for every aspiring designer. As such, the student's starting point is the individual design and making of an object.
Throughout their studies students learn how to design, prototype and test design solutions, drawing on cutting-edge technologies and approaches, such as UX (user experience), wearables and electronics and gain hands-on experience in the faculty's digital and fabrication workshops.
Alongside a strong technical base, the Bachelor of Design in Product Design degree at the University of Technology Sydney applies the creative problem-solving required to design experiences that make a difference to everyday life, whether in developing economies or digital cultures.
Central to this approach is an understanding of the relationships between objects, culture, economy, technology, business and human behaviour.
This integrated approach to education prepares graduates to work in related professions both locally and internationally. Alongside the core subjects, students can take electives that help develop a specialisation, such as marketing, graphics, designer-makers, 3D printing and construction robotics, exhibition design, web design or service design.
Students can also pursue further study in specialised fields like vehicle design and clinical design.
Career options include design for all aspects of life, from the everyday to the critical, including commercial product, sports technology, health, future transport, packaging, exhibition design, service design and humanitarian work. Product designers can work for individual manufacturers or specialist design consultancies, or start their own enterprises.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Inside Design
- Understanding Three-dimensional Form
- Product Design Communication
- Researching Design Histories
- Informing Product Design
- Thinking Through Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign User Experience Design View 170 other Bachelors in Design in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification, Australian Qualifications Framework Diploma, or equivalent Australian or overseas qualification at the required level.
- UTS: Design, Architecture and Building may consider applications based on the results of the Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) if students lack academic qualifications but have extensive professional experience. The STAT is conducted through the Universities Admissions Centre.
- Students must refer to the inherent requirements for all degrees offered by Design and Architecture in the Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building.
- English proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International41568 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 866 AUD per credit during 36 months.
- All offers made to domestic undergraduate students will be for Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.