This Bachelor of Computing Science (Honours) degree at the University of Technology Sydney adopts a practice-based approach to computing science education and the course content is a mix of theory and practice, with a stronger focus on the mathematics appropriate for computing science and research projects.
As well as gaining strong technical skills in computing science and IT, students gain skills in problem-solving, teamwork and communication. Students undertake research projects with UTS researchers.
Majors include Business Information Systems Management, Interaction Design, Networking and Cybersecurity, Enterprise Systems Development, Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics, Mathematical Analysis, Operations Research, Statistics, Cybersecurity and Privacy, Quantum Information Science.
Employers look for graduates with strong computing science skills and, in this course, students are exposed to real research problems in computing science and IT.
The course aims to produce graduates who are able to apply, in the context of any organisation, the knowledge and skills required of:
- information technology professionals who develop systems from first principles
- computing specialists for technical research careers, both in industry and academia, or
- data scientists who interrogate complex datasets.
Depending on the major selected, career options include software developer, systems analyst, data scientist or professional computing science researcher.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core subjects (Computing Science)
- Major choice (Information Technology)
- Core Honours subjects (Computing Science)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Artificial Intelligence View 30 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification, Australian Qualifications Framework Diploma, or equivalent Australian or overseas qualification at the required level.
- The English proficiency
- To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International934 AUD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 934 AUD per credit during 48 months.
- All offers made to domestic undergraduate students will be for Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.