During the Dance and Choreography (Hons) programme offered at Falmouth University, you will:
- Develop your physical and technical skills, and performance capabilities, while engaging with dance history, theories and contexts.
- Learn to utilise our extensive range of technical sound, lighting and recording equipment, to enable and realise your production ideas and visions.
- Benefit from AMATA’s year-round performance programme which attracts top artists and performers from all over the world.
- Build industry links through workshops, guest lectures and visits from celebrated international practitioners such as Company Chameleon, Ballet Lorent, and Shobana Jeyasingh Dance Co.
What you'll learnYou’ll turn practical and educational training into a reflective and engaged approach to the future of dance performance and choreographic arts - developing your physical, technical and critical capabilities.
Focusing on practice, you’ll learn to perform, choreograph, devise and work with other disciplines - giving you the skills to take an interdisciplinary approach and the experience to prepare you for a variety of collaborations. By the end of the course you’ll know how to recognise and create industry opportunities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Techniques and Improvisation
- Performance & Choreographic Practices
- Embodied Learning: Theories & Practices
- Contemporary Techniques & Improvisation 2
- Dance Cultures, Histories & Practices
- Site-based Practices
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 341 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We consider all applications on their own individual merit and potential. We invite all applicants to an interview day or audition to give them the opportunity to demonstrate this along with what inspires and motivates them in their field. Applicants will also be able to show their portfolio or give a performance depending on the course. We welcome applications from all subject backgrounds, whether you’ve specialised in STEM, the arts or humanities.
As a guide our typical offer at undergraduate level is 104 – 120 UCAS Tariff points, primarily from Level 3 qualifications such as but not limited to A-levels, a BTEC Extended Diploma or a Foundation Diploma.
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.