Guided by a team of industry professionals, expert academics and technical tutors, you'll learn about music composition, performance, recording, editing, mixing and mastering.]
At Falmouth University, in the Creative Music Technology (Hons) programme, you'll also hone skills in creating sound and music for a wide range of media, including game engines and interactive installations.
- Develop as an industry-ready artist with the creative, technical, academic and professional attributes needed to succeed
- Work in high-spec studio facilities with a range of digital and analogue hardware, software instruments and plug-ins and surround sound monitoring
- Access a wide range of industry-standard equipment including microphones, portable recorders, amps, synths, drum machines and controllers
- Collaborate with musicians, filmmakers, game designers, dancers, animators and designers on other Falmouth courses
- Work in a vibrant community of research-active lecturers with industry connections. Recent visitors include Ed O'Brien (Radiohead), James Young (Darkstar) and Professor Jonty Harrison (Electroacoustic composer)
- Audio Cultures and Critical Theory
- Designing Sound
- Core Music Practice
- The Electronic Toolkit
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Sound Engineering View 435 other Bachelors in Music in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- We consider all applications on their own individual merit and potential. We invite all applicants to an interview day or audition to give them the opportunity to demonstrate this along with what inspires and motivates them in their field.
- Applicants will also be able to show their portfolio or give a performance depending on the course. We welcome applications from all subject backgrounds, whether you’ve specialised in STEM, the arts or humanities.
- As a guide our typical offer at undergraduate level is 104 – 120 UCAS Tariff points, primarily from Level 3 qualifications such as but not limited to A-levels, T Levels, a BTEC/UAL Extended Diploma or a Foundation Diploma. Applicants should have GCSE Mathematics Grade 4 (C), or equivalent.
International17460 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17460 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.