You'll prepare for a career in screen-based costume design through interdisciplinary learning across our Fashion & Textiles Institute and the School of Film & Television.
In the Costume Design for Film and Television (Hons) programme from Falmouth University, you'll be supported by professionals working at the forefront of the industry to develop your own distinctive design voice and portfolio.
- Gain core skills such as drawing, pattern cutting, costume construction and fitting techniques, observation, analysis and expansive research practices
- Explore anthropological, socio-political, psychological, environmental and cultural concepts when considering the analysis of character and script, as well as how to plot costumes for moving image
- Enhance your developing design profile through an exploration of industry applications such as music promos, commercials, costume breakdown and innovative challenge-based projects
- Develop essential knowledge of the various roles available across the costume design sector, budget organisation, ideas pitching, collaboration and team working, as well as increased awareness of freelance practice and self-management techniques
- During the first year of this costume design degree, you'll be introduced to fundamental skills such as research, drawing, pattern cutting, garment construction, fitting techniques, script analysis and costume plotting.
- You'll also learn how to become a costume designer that can analyse characters and scripts through the lens of anthropological, socio-political, psychological and cultural concepts. Practical work will be supported by lectures and written work exploring the history and theory of film and visual culture.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Fashion Design View 222 other Bachelors in Fashion Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- We consider all applications on their own individual merit and potential. We invite all applicants to an interview day or audition to give them the opportunity to demonstrate this along with what inspires and motivates them in their field.
- Applicants will also be able to show their portfolio or give a performance depending on the course. We welcome applications from all subject backgrounds, whether you’ve specialised in STEM, the arts or humanities.
- As a guide our typical offer at undergraduate level is 104 – 120 UCAS Tariff points, primarily from Level 3 qualifications such as but not limited to A-levels, T Levels, a BTEC/UAL Extended Diploma or a Foundation Diploma. Applicants should have GCSE Mathematics Grade 4 (C), or equivalent.
International17460 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17460 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.