The Humber College ’s Child and Youth Care advanced diploma program provides foundational knowledge in infant, child and adolescent development; child and youth care relational practice principles; psychology of the family; evidence-based or evidence-informed intervention strategies; group dynamics; and therapeutic activities.
You will learn that an essential component of professional practice is self-awareness, with many courses emphasizing self-reflection and the classroom being a professional practice environment. Your high energy level and emotional maturity will help you meet the demands of working with children and youth with complex needs.
Our program is delivered by award-winning faculty, renowned in their field, with current, relevant experience and advanced degrees. A key feature of the program is its therapeutic play lab fostering experiential learning.
With our program, you can enjoy the rewards of a career where you make a meaningful difference in the lives of children and youth by:
- understanding and learning about the complex challenges faced by children, youth and families
- building on strengths and capacities, and working collaboratively
- developing therapeutic relationships
- utilizing daily life events as opportunities to promote and facilitate positive change
- ·seeking out and connecting children, youth and their families with relevant, culturally specific and appropriate community resources
- working as part of an inter-professional team
Our graduates enter a field with opportunities in a variety of settings including:
- child protection agencies
- community-based child and youth development programs
- parent education and family support
- school-based programs
- youth and women’s shelters
- open custody group homes for young offenders
- residential and day treatment programs in children’s mental health centres
- psychiatric hospitals
- early intervention and prevention programs
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Child Development
- Community Resources and Legislation
- Relational Child and Youth Care Practice
- Group Dynamics
- College Reading and Writing Skills
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
Deadline for equal consideration in the admission process: February 1. Post-February 1 applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Educational Psychology View 129 other Masters in Education in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent including these required courses:
- Grade 12 English (ENG4C or ENG4U or equivalent)
- Three Grade 11 or Grade 12 C, M or U courses in addition to those listed above
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15874 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15874 CAD per year during 36 months.
National3797 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3797 CAD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.