Due to Coronavirus pandemic, HAMK has made it possible for new students to start their studies in the autumn as online studies from their home countries and arrive to Finland for on campus studies in January 2021. In addition, it is possible to pay the tuition fee in three installments.
Are you interested in sustainable and smart design in fashion, footwear or glass and ceramics? Do you want to learn how to design ecologically and ethically produced products and services? Are you fascinated by Nordic design? The contemporary world is growing ever more environmentally conscious and technology advances with huge leaps every day. It is important that you as designer understand the importance of sustainable values and the challenges of circular economy. Learn more at the Smart and Sustainable Design programme from Häme University of Applied Sciences.
There is a need for service and user experience design, where social media competence, marketing expertise and visualization expertise are combined with designer competence. In our design education you can choose your major subject in fashion, footwear or glass and ceramics design. After studies you will master all the steps from product design to manufacturing. Smart and sustainable design education enables you to work as a designer in companies in different fields and in the public sector, or act as an entrepreneur. Designers are increasingly setting up businesses and working in a diverse range of creative industries. Professional titles include for example: designer, product assistant, product developer, entrepreneur, project manager and buyer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In design education you can choose your major subject in clothing, footwear or glass and ceramics design. After completing your studies you will master all the steps from product design to manufacturing.
- Smart and sustainable design education provides the ability to work as a designer in companies in different fields and in public organizations, or act as an independent entrepreneur. There is demand for the service and user experience design, where social media competence, marketing expertise and visualization expertise are combined with designer competence.
- People with design education are increasingly setting up their own businesses and working in a diverse range of creative industries. Professional titles include: designer, entrepreneur, product assistant, product designer, product manager, buyer, project seller and project manager.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
You can apply to a Bachelor’s degree programme at a university of applied sciences when you have completed:
- the Finnish general upper secondary school syllabus and/or the Matriculation Examination
- International Baccalaureate, German Reifeprüfung or European Baccalaureate Diploma
- a Finnish upper secondary vocational qualification (120 credit units) or an equivalent previous vocational qualification with a minimum scope of 80 credit units
- a Finnish post-secondary or higher vocational level diploma
- further vocational qualification or specialist vocational qualification or an equivalent previous qualification
- foreign education that provides eligibility to apply for higher education in the country in question.
International9700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9700 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Hämeenlinna
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.