If you’re interested in human rights, social justice, and changing lives for the better, then you should consider social work.
As a social worker you will improve individual and community wellbeing by addressing challenges such as inequality, discrimination, violence and other types of harassment. An embedded honours program is available from third year for high-achieving students.
Field Education Placement is a core element of a student's development of a professional identity. It provides an opportunity for you to observe, question and model social work behaviour and to translate social work theory into practice, and to apply knowledge drawn from other subjects.
- community development
- group work
- mental health
- hospital social work
- child protection
- family work
- case management
- policy analysis and development
- social action
- program planning
- community welfare sector
The Bachelor of Social Work degree is an AASW-accredited qualification. It is an entry qualification into the social work profession and has been determined to meet the Australian Social Work Education and Accreditation Standards (ASWEAS).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Indigenous Health and Culture
- Foundations of Psychology
- Applications of Psychology
- Life Span Development
- Contemporary Society and Change
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSocial Work View 70 other Bachelors in Social Work in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants require the equivalent of an Australian Year 12 Certificate. Applicants must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy and require an academic IELTS minimum overall score of 7.0 (with a minimum score of 7.0 in all bands), or an equivalent acceptable test score as outlined in the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy (Schedule 3).
- The Bachelor of Social Work (Honours) program is embedded into years 3 and 4 of the Bachelor of Social Work (Pass) program. To be eligible to apply for admission to the honours program, a student must have completed 160 cp from years 1 and 2 of the Bachelor of Social Work pass degree, with a grade point average of at least 5.5 on the ACU seven point scale.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24336 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24336 AUD per year during 48 months.
National11539 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11539 AUD per year during 48 months.
- $11539 CSP
- In a CSP, the Australian Government subsidises the cost of your course. You’ll pay the remainder, known as the student contribution amount.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.