The building engineer is fully aware of and has the skills to manage the complexity of the construction system, its subsystems and the environmental context
This professional figure is employed mainly for support activities to design and construction, and in general in any management, organizational and construction activity within public and private technical departments, construction companies and engineering firms.
Any professional activity, entailing responsibilities towards third parties, may begin after registration with the Association of Engineers, in section B (junior engineer), after passing the State exam.
The objective of the Building Engineering programme at Politecnico di Torino is to train students to become construction engineers, teaching them the necessary skills and functions to perform that role competently.
This engineer works mainly in the field of building design, in its realization in traditional and industrialised construction sites, both for new constructions and the recovery of existing buildings; in real estate management and organisation; in managing and organising the construction process with regard to materials, products and components; and surveying and assessing the built heritage.The construction engineer is aware of the complexity of the construction system, in relation with its subsystems and with the environmental context, and has the skills to manage it.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer science
- Mathematical analysis
- English Language 1st level
- Linear algebra and geometry
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 5 other Bachelors in Civil Engineering & Construction in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High school diploma got after at least 12 years of schooling
- High school diploma got after 11 years of schooling + having passed ALL of the exams scheduled in the first academic year at home university
- High school diploma got after 10 years of schooling + having passed ALL of the exams scheduled in the first two academic years at home university
- High school diploma got after 10 or 11 years of schooling + a higher degree obtained in a post-secondary professional institution in a subject relevant to the selected bachelor or having passed one or two preparatory years (Foundation course) to fill the gap. Politecnico di Torino will decide about the eligibility of the Foundation year(s)
- For candidates with a U.K. high school diploma: certificate stating that the candidate has 3 A-levels
- For candidates with a Scottish high school diploma: certificate stating that the candidate has three Advanced Highers
International2601 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2601 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Turin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- TOPoliTO Scholarships
- Politecnico International Scholarships
- EDISU Piemonte scholarships and accommodation services reserved to prospective students
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation scholarships (MAECI)
- External Bodies calls
- Scholarships for Refugee Students
- Part-Time jobs and other support reserved to prospective students (I and II level degrees)
- Italia Startup Visa program
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.