The BA Acting and Performance (Hons) program at the University of the Arts London (UAL) will enable you to become a creative, confident and articulate performer who can work across a variety of performance forms and contexts. You will develop your physical, vocal and intellectual skills both individually and in an ensemble. The course will also provide you with the opportunity to work with new technologies and innovative performance practices. It will make you ready for industry but also ready to challenge it, placing you at the cutting edge of 21st century developments.
What to expect
- To develop your creative and critical practice in a performance environment
- To develop the physical, vocal and intellectual skills required to act or perform in a range of different contexts
- To gain knowledge and experience of acting processes
- To act in digital, interactive and immersive performances
- To take part in collaborative and multi-modal productions, which are integrated into the wider art school context, alongside students from other disciplines
- To learn about different approaches to creating character, presence and persona
- To gain an understanding of performance in relation to text, technology, image and action
- To examine global theatre practices and post-colonial narratives
- To look at performance in a cultural, political and historical context
- To have access to Wimbledon's shared workshops.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Acting Lab
- Theatre in Context
- Representing the Real
- Performance Histories
- Collaborative Collective Practices
- Digital Performance Lab
- Contemporary Acting
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
However, this course will consider applications after that date, subject to places being available.
DisciplinesArt History Theatre & Dance View 359 other Bachelors in Art History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The standard minimum entry requirements for this course are one or a combination of the following qualifications:
- 2 A Levels at grade C or above
- Pass at Foundation Diploma in Acting, Performance or Art and Design (Level 3 or 4)
- Merit, Pass, Pass (MPP) at BTEC Extended Diploma
- Pass at UAL Extended Diploma
- Access to Higher Education Diploma
- Or equivalent EU/International qualifications, such as International Baccalaureate Diploma at 24 points minimum
- And 3 GCSE passes at grade 4 or above (grade A*-C)
Entry to this course will also be determined by the quality of your application, looking primarily at your portfolio of work, personal statement and reference.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23610 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23610 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.