The Archaeology (Hons) programme from the University of Bradford is a professionally-focused degree with a strong fieldwork component and a focus on human osteology or the environment.
Your degree pathway in the second and final years will comprise a number of compulsory core modules that characterise this combination of archaeology and applied archaeological science. We offer a number of clear pathways, which will provide you with a specialism in, for example, prehistoric archaeology or in cultural resource management.
Almost half our recent graduates have entered archaeologically-related careers – one of the highest rates in the UK.
Former students have become field archaeologists, cultural resource managers, university lecturers and even accountants.
Other career opportunities include computing, management, or teaching, and many areas where employers are looking for transferable skills and an analytical mind.
Many graduates choose to continue their education and enrol on taught Master’s or research degrees.
- Archaeological Fieldwork
- Interpreting the Past
- Heritage Management with GIS
- Understanding Artefacts
- Prehistoric Societies
- Celts, Anglo-Saxons and Vikings
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Archaeology Geography View 753 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Typical offer - 112 UCAS tariff points.
- We take into consideration a number of factors when assessing your application. It's not just about your grades; we take the time to understand your personal circumstances and make decisions based on your potential to thrive at university and beyond.
- A levels - There are no specific subject requirements.
- BTEC Extended Diploma - DMM — there are no specific subject requirements.
- Applicants on Access Programmes - 112 UCAS tariff points from an Access to Higher Education Diploma.
- International Baccalaureate requirements - 112 tariff points. Plus HL 3 or SL 4 in Maths and English Language and Literature A or English B.
- Plus minimum of GCSE English at grade C or 4 (equivalents accepted).
International21124 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21124 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bradford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.