The marketing elements of this Marketing and Management programme at The University of Exeter introduce you to the principles that deliver good marketing practice. You will learn about consumers and the role of markets and marketing in today’s society.
You will develop an understanding of how marketing contributes to the financial health of an organisation by covering an introduction to the principles of accounting, and to understand how markets behave, you will also be introduced to economics.
The management component of the degree will ensure you have a strong grounding in organisational structures, management skills, and business strategy.
How will I learn?
You will learn through a mix of:
- Lectures of one or two hours once a week for each module. These give you the information central to the module and help you understand complex ideas.
- Seminars and tutorials every week or every other week for each module. They cover in-depth discussions of topics introduced in lectures.
- Total timetabled study hours (lectures, seminars, tutorials) for your whole degree are on average between 11 and 14 hours per week. In addition you are expected to complete an average of 20-25 hours of independent or group study per week.
The BSc Marketing and Management degree adopts an international outlook meaning you will develop an understanding of the global business environment. Combined with the opportunity to study abroad or work a year in industry, you will be well placed to work for local or international companies.
Your degree demonstrates that you have the following professional skills
- Understand organisations and the markets they operate within
- Create, evaluate and assess options and apply ideas and knowledge to a range of situations
- Communicate effectively, manage projects and demonstrate leadership and team building skills
- Be self-aware and sensitive to the diversity of people, cultures, business and management issues
- Demonstrate effective listening, negotiating, influencing and persuasive skills
- Apply critical thinking and evaluate statements
- Research business and management issues at both European and international levels
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analysing Organisations
- Consumer Behaviour
- Consumer and Market Analysis
- Brands and Branding
- Marketing Communications: Strategies and Applications
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We encourage you to apply before 15 January but will continue to consider applications from international students until 30 June if places are available.
DisciplinesMarketing Management, Organisation & Leadership View 1206 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-Level - AAA
- IB - 36/666
- BTEC - DDD
- GCSE - B or 5 - Grade B or 5 in GCSE English language and Mathematics (or GCE AL/AS Mathematics or Further Mathematics or Pure Mathematics or Core Mathematics)
- The University recognises a wide range of European and international qualifications and equivalencies.
International18800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18800 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.