The primary aim of the Foundation Studies in Health Sciences (Nursing) course from the University of Malta is to provide these students with the knowledge base, transferable skills, linguistic skills and general competence to allow them to progress successfully onto the University of Malta's undergraduate Nursing course.
The course has been planned in such a way that it offers specific training and support in those core areas where these students traditionally require further assistance.
Knowledge & Understanding
- Describe basic concepts in human anatomy, physiology and biochemistry and explain how these principles can be applied in therapeutics in patient care delivery
- Describe the appropriate actions in serious incidents, and those involving multiple casualties
- Grasp the foundations of reflective practice
- Outline the concepts and principles of evidence based practice in the health care sciences
- Discuss the communication processes through which human interaction within professional therapeutic relationships occur
- Deal with an advanced reading requirement effectively and at speed
- Demonstrate understanding of academic lectures and debates, presentations, and technical documentaries, by summarizing their main points, making use of specific details and reporting what they have learnt
Career opportunites and access to further studies
Certificate holders will be eligible to join the B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing at the University of Malta (3 year degree).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research and Reasoning
- Medical and Academic English Reading
- Medical and Academic English Listening
- Medical and Academic English Writing
- Grammar and Medical Terminology
- Medical Maltese
- Communication Skills
This course is intended for students who have completed high school in their home country in school systems with less than 13 years of education.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences Biochemistry View 4 other Masters in Biochemistry in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The Course shall be open to all applicants who:
- present a secondary and/or high school certificate issued abroad and who studied within an educational system that is not comparable to the Maltese educational system (in terms of curriculum, years of study, etc.) and
- are in possession of qualifications allowing access to an undergraduate course in the selected discipline in the country where such qualifications originate, but
- are deemed to require further study to be admitted to undergraduate degree courses at the University of Malta
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.