The primary aim of the course is to provide these students with the knowledge base, transferable skills, linguistic skills and general competence to allow them to progress successfully onto the University of Malta 's undergraduate Health Science Podiatry course.
The Foundation Studies in Health Sciences (Podiatry) course from University of Malta offers specific training and support in those core health science and English areas where these students require further assistance.
The course will provide teaching in the subject areas of human biology, biological chemistry, human anatomy, psychology, and physics as well as Medical English and Maltese.
In addition, students will be expected to attend regular tutorial sessions for each subject. During the tutorial sessions students will be expected to show evidence of adequate revision of the week's work. At the same time, tutorials are intended as scheduled learning sessions in which students will receive training in how to apply their knowledge base and practice their language and communication skills.
Career opportunites and access to further studies
Certificate holders are eligible to apply for the B.Sc. (Hons) Podiatry at the University of Malta (4 year degree).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physics for Allied Health Sciences
- Medical and Academic English Reading
- Medical and Academic English Listening
- Medical and Academic English Writing
- Grammar and Medical Terminology
- Research and Reasoning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 4 other Masters in Public Health in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The Course shall be open to all applicants who:
- present a secondary and/or high school certificate issued abroad and who studied within an educational system that is not comparable to the Maltese educational system (in terms of curriculum, years of study, etc.) and
- are in possession of qualifications allowing access to an undergraduate course in the selected discipline in the country where such qualifications originate, but
- are deemed to require further study to be admitted to undergraduate degree courses at the University of Malta
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.