The primary aim of the Foundation Studies in Medical and Dental Sciences course is to provide these students with the knowledge base, transferable skills, linguistic skills and general competence to allow them to progress successfully onto the University of Malta 's undergraduate Medicine and Surgery and Master of Dentistry courses.
The course offers specific training and support in those core health science and English areas where these students require further assistance.
The course will provide teaching in the subject areas of human biology, biological chemistry, human anatomy, genetics, cell biology as well as Medical English and Maltese.
In addition, students will be expected to attend regular tutorial sessions for each subject.
During the tutorial sessions students will be expected to show evidence of adequate revision of the week's work. At the same time, tutorials are intended as scheduled learning sessions in which students will receive training in how to apply their knowledge base and practice their language and communication skills.
The course will include continuous assessments to build up a realistic profile of the student's abilities. Tutors will be required to assess students periodically. As the course progresses and the level of spoken and written English improves and the mastery of subject content improves, students will be expected to show evidence of higher analytical and evaluation skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medical and Academic English Reading
- Medical and Academic English Listening
- Medical and Academic English Writing
- Grammar and Medical Terminology
- Research and Reasoning
- Medical Maltese
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDentistry Health Sciences Genetics View 23 other Masters in Health Sciences in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The Course shall be open to all applicants who
- present a secondary and/or high school certificate issued abroad and who studied within an educational system that is not comparable to the Maltese educational system (in terms of curriculum, years of study, etc.) and
- are in possession of qualifications allowing access to an undergraduate course in the selected discipline in the country where such qualifications originate, but
- are deemed to require further study to be admitted to undergraduate degree courses at the University of Malta
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12500 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA12500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12500 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.