The Football Coaching and Performance (Hons) degree at University of South Wales has been designed with professional clubs including Swansea City AFC, Cardiff City FC, and the Football Association of Wales (FAW) Trust, to identify the skills and qualities needed to work in the professional football industry.
This input means you’ll get the opportunity to learn on a daily basis from well-qualified football coaches and UEFA coach educators, some of whom work at an international level.
One of a number of FAW courses we offer, this football coaching course combines a football-specific qualification with the opportunity to apply your knowledge in industry through our excellent placement opportunities, also available in the USA. You can develop a coaching profile and work towards your FAW C Certificate and FAW/UEFA B licence.
You’ll study in world-class facilities and conduct most of your work at USW Sport Park, which is designed to support a high- performance coaching environment.
You can enter a range of careers when you graduate, such as an football academy coach or skills coach at a professional club, football development officer, community coach, sports development officer, strength and conditioning coach or performance analyst. Some graduates find employment in the armed forces, emergency services or continue to study to become a teacher.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Football coaching: adolescent performers in practice
- Football coaching pedagogy
- Research methods
- Football performance analysis
- Sport science for football
- Sport placement: football
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Management Coaching Sports Sciences View 465 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Typical A-Level Offer: BBC - CCC to include a Science subject or PE and to exclude General Studies. Level 1 in football coaching or equivalent foundation level football coaching qualification from a football (NGB) (this is equivalent to 112-96 UCAS tariff points).
- Typical Welsh BACC Offer: Pass the Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate Diploma with Grade C in the Skills Challenge Certificate and BB - CC at A Level to include one Science (which may be Mathematics, Physical Education or Psychology) but to exclude General Studies. Level 1 in football coaching or equivalent foundation level football coaching qualification from a football (NGB) (this is equivalent to 112- 96 UCAS tariff points).
- Typical BTEC Offer: BTEC Extended Diploma Distinction Merit Merit - Merit Merit Merit in a relevant subject. Level 1 in football coaching or equivalent foundation level football coaching qualification
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13800 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Part-time UK: £700 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.