Sport is regulated by a complex pattern of law and regulation. Sport executives not only need to conform to the regulations established by the authorities, but they must also use their understanding of the legal framework to ensure compliance with the law of the land, and protect the business from risk.
This Sports Business and Sports Law (Hons) degree from UCFB x GIS links the commercial and legal aspects of the sport business, understanding the ramifications of an industry which is increasingly affected by legal regulations, and bringing sport in line with other sectors.
Modules will focus on sport business, domestic and EU sport law, the role of governing bodies in sport and international sport business governance. You will also explore the legal challenges regarding the use of social media within the industry, recent case studies regarding drug abuse and racism in sport and the legal issues surrounding safety in sport stadiums and of spectators.
Career prospects for graduates of the BA (Hons) Sports Business and Sports Law degree programme at UCFB include not only qualifying as a lawyer through further study but governance roles, paralegal work within sport organisations and sport management roles for teams, clubs and athletes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding Sports Business
- Introduction to Law
- Fundamentals of Accounting & Finance
- Introduction to Sports Law
- The Regulation of Safety & Deviance in Sport
- Managing Sports Organisations
- Research Methods
- Legal Issues in the Governance of Sport
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst there is no deadline in place to submit an APL application, we encourage applicants to submit their documentation as soon as they are available.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Law Sports Sciences View 153 other Masters in Business Law in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- When you first apply through UCAS you are generally given up to five choices to use initially and you are free to use these choices however you wish.
- Some applicants like to apply to one course at a number of different institutions and decide where in the country they may like to live, others have already decided they would like to study at UCFB and apply for a number of different courses with us.
- It is important that whatever you choose to do, your decision is well informed and carefully considered.
International14950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14950 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.