The (Hons) Geography degree at University of Lincoln is designed to develop subject understanding and geographical skills progressively in the context of real-world problems, enabling students to apply their learning to contemporary global challenges. With Lincoln’s unique focus on the ‘safety and health of the inhabited Earth’, our mission is to deliver a degree that is relevant to the global, environmental and societal challenges for the 21st century.
A belief in the importance of interdisciplinary knowledge to address major issues is at the heart of our approach. Our academics are experienced researchers investigating key and emerging issues in global development across a spectrum of human geography, in collaboration with academics in other disciplines, including physical geography.
Students can engage in research and project work that builds on the expertise of staff. This includes the ‘Student as Producer’ initiative that facilitates undergraduates and academics to collaborate on research activities.
Geography can offer a broad range of career opportunities for its graduates. These include roles in geographical information systems, social environmental consultancy, planning and public policy, management, teaching, and the financial sector. The School’s links with industry, business, and environmental regulatory agencies provide opportunities for internships and work experience.
This programme has been accredited by the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A Sustainable Lincolnshire
- Challenges of Rural & Urban Living
- Earth Observation & GIS
- Earth's Changing Surface and the Anthropocene
- People, Places, Patterns and Processes
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Environmental Sciences View 357 other Bachelors in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- GCE Advanced Levels: BBC including a B in Geography or related subject.
- (History, English, Economics, Sociology, a modern Language, Psychology, Mathematics or Biology are accepted).
- International Baccalaureate: 29 points overall, with 5 at Higher Level in Geography or related subject from the fields of the Arts, studies in Language and Literature or Individuals and Societies.
- BTEC Extended Diploma in Geography or related subjects: Distinction, Merit, Merit (Applied Science, Computing, Engineering, Environmental Sustainability, Information Technology, Pharmaceutical Science are accepted).
- Access to Higher Education Diploma: 45 Level 3 credits with a minimum of 112 UCAS Tariff points, including 40 points from 15 credits in Geography or a related subject from the fields of History, Philosophy, Theology, Languages, Literature, Culture or Social Sciences.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15900 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Lincoln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.