Biochemistry offers an understanding of the biological and chemical processes that allow life to thrive, giving us the tools we need to solve key challenges in cell biology, pathology, pharmacology, physiology, and genetics.
Advances in the field have revolutionised our knowledge of how biochemistry works and the mechanisms that underpin a wide range of cellular processes. This enables us to respond to human health problems and diseases by rationally designing new strategies and drugs as treatments.
Your Future Career
Career paths exist in industrial, commercial, and academic research, and in development roles within the medical, food, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology industries. Graduates of the Biochemistry degree at University of Lincoln may go on to careers in scientific marketing and journalism, or education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analytical Chemistry: Molecular Techniques
- Cell Biology
- Human Anatomy & Physiology, with Clinical Correlations
- Integrative Biochemistry
- Research Methods for Life Scientists
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 669 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- GCE Advanced Levels: ABB, to include a grade B in Biology or Chemistry. Practical elements must be passed.
- International Baccalaureate: 32 points overall to include Higher Level grade 5 in Biology or Chemistry.
- BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science*: Distinction, Distinction, Merit.
- Access to Higher Education Diploma: 45 Level 3 credits with a minimum of 128 UCAS Tariff points, including 40 points from 15 credits in Biology or Chemistry.
- Applicants will also need at least three GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above, which must include English, Maths and Science. Equivalent Level 2 qualifications may also be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15900 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.