The Mathematics course from TED University has a student-centered approach to teaching, modern teaching methods that encourage participation, secondary field that broadens students’ perspectives are only some of the distinctive qualities of our department.
Graduates with Mathematics from TED University will:
have basic knowledge of mathematics.
- have the ability of mathematical thinking and causal reasoning.
- be able to follow scientific and popular publications on mathematics.
- have the ability to apply theoretical knowledge on mathematics into practice.
- be able to follow recent developments on mathematics at least in one foreign language.
- have the skills necessary to use computer software as required by mathematics.
- have the understanding of relationship of mathematics with other fields.
- 8- will have the ability to suggest mathematical approaches for individual or social issues.
- 9- aim to improve their professional competence continuously and engage in life-long learning.
- have the ability to express their suggestions in written form or verbally for the problems in their field.
- act ethically.
- be sensitive to social and environmental matters with social responsibility.
- have the ability to cooperate with colleagues and other related people on research projects and studies in their field.
Along with the rapidly increasing technological developments, mathematics has begun to be used widely in many different areas such as medicine, economics, biology, social sciences and engineering. In line with this, there is an increasing demand for mathematicians and it is expected that this will continue in the future. Graduates of the Department of Mathematics can
- pursue an academic career after completing their postgraduate studies.
- work as analysts in banking and finance.
- work as a mathematician in Turkish Statistical Institute or other government institutions.
- work as a teacher in institutions under the Ministry of National Education after completing required formation training.
- work as a mathematical modelling expert in software business.
- work as researchers in research and technology institutions (such as TÜBİTAK, SAGE, ASELSAN, etc.)
- work as practitioners in public or private sectors who compile and analyze data, or develop mathematical and statistical models.
- Fundamentals of Mathematics
- English for Academic Purposes
- Discrete Mathematics
- Analytic Geometry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 12 other Bachelors in Applied Mathematics in Turkey
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Passport (first page)
- High School Diploma (if not graduated yet, Graduation Certificate taken from the high school. The expected date of graduation and the expected graduation score must be stated on the certificate)
- An official high school transcript displaying the scores of taken courses
- Official copy of the exam/diploma/test results
- If granted financial support by an institution, an official letter from the institution stating the duration and amount of the financial support.
- Please note that all the above-mentioned documents have to be either in Turkish or English. The translations should be made by an official translation office.
International9000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 USD per year during 48 months.
National3305 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3305 USD per year during 48 months.
National tuition: 54,000.00-TL./year
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.