During this Archaeology and History programme from University of Malta Undergraduates may choose a combination of any two areas of study, with some restriction imposed only by practical time-table requirements.
The duration of the degree courses is three years. Honours students write research-based dissertations or long essays in the final stages of their studies.
The weighting of the course components in establishing the final grade is biased in favour of the later parts of the course, on the principle that the fairest evaluation of a student is at the point of exit.
Students who wish to participate in an ERASMUS exchange are encouraged to do so preferably during the second year of the course.
Students are required to consult the respective department for further guidance vis-à-vis mobility period.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Evolution and Prehistory
- Essentials in Archaeology
- Material Culture in Archaeology
- Integrating Science and Archaeology
- The Archaeology of Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations
- Monitored Fieldwork
- Classical Art and Archaeology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must satisfy the General Entry Requirements for admission, namely, the Matriculation Certificate and Secondary Education Certificate passes at Grade 5 or better in Maltese, English Language and Mathematics.
- An Advanced Level pass in History.
- Applicants in terms of the 'maturity (adult learners) clause' are required to sit for an interview which will be held on a date which will be announced in due course. Once announced, this date cannot be changed.
- Applicants may also be required to submit a Learning Portfolio.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8500 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.