Through rigorous visual arts, media and design training coupled with interdisciplinary collaborations, trans-media experimentations, and exchange activities, the MAD programme will give students a strong motive to develop beyond their comfort zones and explore the boundaries of their knowledge and abilities.
The ultimate goal of the Media, Arts and Design programme at Beijing Normal University - Hong Kong Baptist University United International College is to train its graduates to be the “conveyer” or “communicator” of messages to fulfil the need of national policy in regards to innovation.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To provide students with the fundamental knowledge and skills required for creating work of media arts and design.
- To nurture future professional visual artists, digital artists and designers.
- To educate future art historians and museum specialists with a global perspective on the media arts.
While the provision of the MAD programme is a new development in UIC, majority of graduates of similar programmes in other institutions have secured employment in design companies, film companies, web companies, animation companies, production houses, museums, galleries, art houses, and other employment areas directly related to the creative industries.
As aforementioned, the MAD programme aims at preparing students to develop their careers in a rich array of professions as:
- Artists (painter, sculptor, digital artists, sound artists, etc.)
- Designers (product designer, web designer, commercial designer, etc.)
- Art administrator (museum, gallery staff )
- Art agent
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concept Development for Time-based Media
- Digital Drawing and Painting
- Colour Concepts, Theory and Planning
- Language for Audio-visual Design
- Studio Art Practices: Painting Fundamentals
- Web Design and Hypermedia
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design Media Studies & Mass Media
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Mainland China Applicants:
Mainland Chinese students who have sat the P.R.C. National College Entrance Examination (NCEE) of the current year, and have met the college entrance benchmark are eligible to apply.
An applicant from overseas other than Hong Kong or Macau may apply for admission with qualification acceptable to the College, and will be considered on an individual basis.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Associate Degree Student/Holder
- Higher Diploma/Professional Diploma/Diploma Student/Holder
- GCE Qualification
- SAT Qualifications
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11792 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11792 EUR per year during 48 months.
National11792 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11792 EUR per year during 48 months.
- 90,000 RMB per annum
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.