Immerse yourself in the science of sport to help develop the high-performance athletes of today and tomorrow. Your studies will allow you to develop the essential knowledge and skills required to pursue a career in sport performance.
As part of your Science of Sport Performance (Hons) course from Leeds Beckett University , you’ll:
- Develop expertise in the interdisciplinary sciences of sport performance, drawing on disciplines including biomechanics, nutrition, physiology and psychology
- Advance practical and research techniques and have the confidence to use performance-measuring equipment and technologies to evaluate athletes at all stages of their development
- Study performance approaches within individual and team contexts and learn to apply these models to virtually any sport
- Engage in work-related learning and practical placements in multiple sport settings
Why study Science of Sport Performance at Leeds Beckett University
- Develop the skills and knowledge to fully prepare yourself for undergraduate study.
- Learn the skills to develop the next generation of elite athletes.
- Gain real-world experience and make connections through the school's new internship programme.
- Be among the first students to take advantage of the university’s new state-of-the-art Carnegie School of Sport building.
- Take advantage of our sport volunteering opportunities, which have previously included global events such as the Olympics, World Athletics Championships and Commonwealth Games.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Movement
- Psychophysiological Responses to Exercise for Performance
- Nutrition & Biochemistry for Sport & Exercise
- Young Athlete Development
- Profiling Sport Performance
- Biomechanics & Performance Analysis
- Psychosocial Development for Elite Sport Performance
- Food & Nutrition for Health, Sport & Exercise
- The Developing Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Science of Physiological Adaptations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 252 other Bachelors in Sports Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS Tariff Points:
120 points required. (Minimum 80 from two A Levels or equivalent, e.g. BTEC Nationals or Cambridge Technicals,excluding General Studies).
- Selection Criteria
We may use selection criteria based on your personal attributes; experience and/or commitment to the area of study. This information will be derived from your personal statement and reference and will only be used if you have met the general entry requirements.
- International baccalaureate
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.