Why study BA (Hons) Psychology with Forensic Investigation at BU?
- Using state-of-the-art facilities, apply the concepts and principles of psychology to criminal investigation settings.
- Learn from forensic investigation experts about the criminal investigation process and relevant legal issues.
- Graduate with research skills and methods to investigate human behaviour and cognitive processes within the criminal justice system.
- Develop transferable skills including critical thinking, project management, presentation skills and professional practice.
- Work with world-leading researchers on projects through the Research Apprenticeship Scheme - many of our students have published work with members of the staff.
- Opportunity to take an optional 4-week or 30-week placement in industry to give you essential real-world experience and begin building a network of professional contacts.
We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
Accredited by the BPS, this Psychology with Forensic Investigation (Hons) course at Bournemouth University will be widely recognised by employers. Our degree will prepare you for a range of careers including security and forensic, criminal investigation, cybersecurity, online training, teaching, management consultancy, social media marketing and advertising, health promotion and personnel work.
This degree will also provide a basis for postgraduate studies for professional or academic careers in Psychology as to some extent they all use technology (e.g. forensic, educational, occupational, sports, clinical and health psychology).
Accredited by The British Psychological Society (BPS)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistics & Research Methods
- Research Methods & Analysis
- Developmental & Applied Forensic Investigation
- Personality, Intelligence & Social Psychology
- Biological Psychology
- Cognition & Language
- Academic Study Skills
- Applied Sciences
- Introduction to Biology
- Introduction to Psychology
- Mathematics in Science
- Foundation Year Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Forensic Science Criminology View 760 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For September 2021 and September 2022 entry: 112-128 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM.
Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points.
For September 2021 and September 2022 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each of the four components or equivalent.
Please see below some examples of the qualifications for entry onto Year 1 for September 2021 and September 2022 entry:
- Chinese Senior High School Graduation Certificate (Huikao) average 80%, or Gaokao 66-76%. Grade depends on the course
- Hong Kong HKDSE Diploma (4,4,3 to 4,4,4 from three subjects). Grade depends on the course
- All India Senior School Certificate Examination (Standard XII) 65-75%
- Italian Esame di Stato with 65-75%. Grade depends on the course
- Titulo de Bachillerato with 6.5 or 7.5. Grade depends on course
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Please check our course website for the latest tuition fees information.
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.