After graduation, students are equipped to work for consultants, contractors or government at senior management level.
The core curriculum includes instruction in all main subject areas, concentrating on analysis and materials behaviour with an increasing focus on design and management in the specialisation years. Throughout, there is an emphasis on the personal development of students within a professional environment.
Why study Civil Engineering at Heriot-Watt University's Dubai Campus?
- The first and only programme in the Gulf region to offer a UK Civil Engineering degree.
- The first and only civil engineering programme in the Gulf region to be accredited by the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), the Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE), the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation (CIHT), and the Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE).
- Gives you engineering skills to create landmark civil engineering structures – the transformation of ideas into reality.
- Our programme is designed to help shape the built environment for the 21st century, not only in terms of civil engineering but also to support a sustainable, energy efficient and green society.
Graduates from the Civil Engineering (Hons) programme from Heriot-Watt University Dubai can expect to find jobs in multinational civil and structural engineering companies, government organisations and small to mediumsized private sector firms (building, civil and structural engineering).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Civil Engineering Applications
- Construction Technology
- Mathematics for Engineers and Scientists
- Engineering Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 13 other Bachelors in Architecture in United Arab Emirates
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- GCE A-Level CCC (or AABB at AS-Level)
- CBSE 65%.
- American High School Diploma + SAT 1s - 1000
- Tawjihiyya 80%
- International Baccalaureate 24 points.
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma MMM
- Foundation year Successful completion of Heriot-Watt University Degree Entry Programme (Engineering) with a BBBB.
- FBISE grade 12 or equivalent – 70%
- Curriculum Russian/Kazakhstan (Attestat) with minimum grade of 5 + IELTS 6.0
- EmSAT minimum 1400 English, 1300 Maths, 1100 Physics, 1100 Chemistry
- Compulsory subjects to include Mathematics, Physics and English.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14665 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14665 EUR per year during 48 months.
National14665 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14665 EUR per year during 48 months.
AED 65100 per year
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.