This Nursing (Adult) (Hons) degree at the University of Bradford is a practical, patient-centred course with equal amounts of theory and clinical practice which enables students to experience different aspects of healthcare.
Spanning the rural Yorkshire Dales to inner city districts, no other area of the UK offers the rich diversity of clinical experience available through the University and its partner Trusts.
Throughout your studies you will be taught by a team of professional nurses supported by other staff at the Faculty of Health Studies, and have access to a suite of purpose-built practice simulation suites, which allow you to be taught and to practise your core clinical skills, from bed making, moving patients and taking blood pressure to giving injections, ward rounds and dispensing medication, and simulation of the seriously ill person using our interactive models.
The clinical wards house a variety of equipment which you would normally find in clinical practice.
Following graduation and registration, nurses are expected to continue to develop their knowledge and skills, and we offer a variety of short courses and postgraduate study options which allow nurses to specialise in areas of interest.
We now accept NVQ Level 3 in a healthcare related discipline - you must be currently working as a healthcare assistant with 2 years’ work experience.
Most of our students gain employment locally and immediately upon completion.
Adult nursing graduates will be able to practise effectively in a variety of adult nursing settings in hospitals or the community.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Nursing and Academic Practice
- Social Concepts of Health
- Evidence Based Healthcare
- Promoting Health
- Preparing for Professional Practice
- Integrated Acute Care of the Adult
- The Management of Complex Care of the Adult
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 782 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Typical offer - 112 UCAS tariff points.
- A levels - 112 UCAS tariff points to include at least two full A-levels. There are no specific subject requirements.
- BTEC Extended Diploma - DMM — there are no specific subject requirements.
- Applicants on Access Programmes - 112 UCAS tariff points from an Access to Higher Education Diploma in Health Professions, Science or Social Science.
- International Baccalaureate requirements - 112 UCAS tariff points to include at least 80 points from 2 HL subjects. Plus HL 3 or SL 4 in Maths, English Language and Literature A or English B.
- Plus minimum of - GCSEs with grade C or grade 4, to include English Language or English Literature and Mathematics. Level 2 equivalents are accepted. Level 2 equivalents are accepted in place of GCSE English Language and Mathematics.
International20843 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20843 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bradford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.