Gain insights into the intricate, elegant workings of the building blocks of life in Biochemistry at Royal Holloway, University of London. Our flexible degree structure allows you to tailor your course to your own interests, even within the first year.
Study the Biochemistry course at Royal Holloway University of London and gain the skills and experience you need to move into the workplace. 91% of our graduates are in work or higher education within six months of graduating, and a close graduate network means you can draw on the knowledge and connections of illustrious visiting alumni.
You’ll gain invaluable laboratory experience throughout the duration of your studies and you can choose to complete a lab-based research project in your third year, helping to develop the transferrable skills employers look for in successful candidates.
Royal Holloway Biological Sciences alumni have gone on to careers in sectors including medical research, forensic science, clinical trials coordination and biotechnology.
This course is accredited by the Royal Society of Biology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Becoming a Bioscientist
- Cell Biology and Evolution
- Chemistry of Life
- Fundamental Biochemistry
- Protein Biochemistry and Enzymology
- Bioenergetics and Metabolism
- Protein Structure and Function
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 670 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-level Biology plus another Science from either Chemistry, Maths or Physics. A Pass is required in the practical element of all Science A-levels taken.
- At least five GCSEs at grade A*-C or 9-4 including English and Mathematics.
- Where an applicant is taking the EPQ alongside A - levels, the EPQ will be taken into consideration and result in lower A-level grades being required. Socio - economic factors which may have impacted an applicant's education will be taken into consideration and alternative offers may be made to these applicants.
International22600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22600 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- We award our scholarships competitively, usually based on your academic achievements, as well as your scholarship statement.
- Bursaries are awarded to all students who meet the eligibility criteria.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.