At the Robert Gordon University studying the BN Nursing - Mental Health course will equip you with the skills to deal with a complex mix of mental health and social problems including clinical depression with substance misuse, criminal activity and homelessness, dementia, anxiety-based mental illnesses and panic disorders.
You will learn how to assess the impact of mental health problems on a person’s thoughts, emotions, behaviours, physical and social health, and deliver care that promotes recovery and self-management.
Mental Health Nurses work with people of all ages and in a variety of environments both in the community, hospital and custodial settings. There are a number of specialist areas within this exciting field of nursing such as forensics, problematic substance use, eating disorders, elderly and child and adolescence mental health. Contemporary mental health nurses are part of multidisciplinary teams working alongside social workers, police, custodial officers, occupational therapists and midwives.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sciences for Holistic Nursing Practice
- Essential Concepts in Adult Nursing
- Essential Concepts In Mental Health Nursing
- Essential Concepts In Children And Young People Nursing
- Quality Nursing Care
- Essential Skills For Initial Nursing Practice
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 330 other Masters in Nursing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- SQA Higher: CCC. Higher English and a science subject are recommended. English, Maths and a science subject are required at National 5 grade C or above if not held at Higher.
- GCE A Level: CC. A Level English and a science subject are recommended. English, Maths and a science subject are required at GCSE grade 5/C or above if not held at A Level.
- Irish Leaving Certificate Higher: H3H4H4. Higher English and a science subject are recommended. English, Maths and a science subject are required at grade O3 or above if not held at Higher.
- IB Diploma: 24. Higher Level English and a science subject are recommended. English, Maths and a science subject are required at Standard Level grade 3 if not held at Higher.
International13670 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13670 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Rest of UK Students
- £8,240 per academic year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.