At the Robert Gordon University studying the BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering you’ll work on a variety of items from small components to extremely large plant, machinery or vehicles. You’ll apply method and logic to solve real-life problems in the face of conflicting requirements. The first two years of this course are shared amongst our Mechanical Engineering courses (read more about these by following the links in the ‘related courses section’). During year 2, you can make an informed decision about which route you wish to follow.
Our graduates are highly sought after, and many gain employment in the global oil and gas engineering sector. However, opportunities also exist in many other areas of mechanical engineering such as aerospace, transport, marine technology, health and bioengineering. Our graduates are employed in roles such as: Senior Technical Engineer, Design Engineer, Commissioning Engineer, Project Engineer, Contracts Manager and Principal Mechanical Engineer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Electrical Engineering
- Professional Skills
- Statics and Dynamics
- Product Development
- Introduction to Design, Materials and Manufacture
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 345 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- SQA Higher: ABBB to include Maths and either Engineering Science, Physics or Technological Studies. English at National 5 grade C or above is required if not held at Higher.
- GCE A Level: BBC to include Maths and either Design and Technology, Engineering or Physics. GCSE English at grade 5/C or above is required if not held at A Level.
- Irish Leaving Certificate Higher: H2H2H2H3 to include Maths and either Physics or Technological Studies. English at grade O3 or above is required if not held at Higher.
- IB Diploma: 29 to include Higher Level Maths and Physics, one of which must be at grade 6 and one at grade 5. English is required at a minimum of Standard Level grade 4.
International16650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16650 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1820 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Rest of UK Students
- £6,750 per academic year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.