Offshore Engineering involves the study of oil and gas exploration and recovery, platform design, pipelines, down-hole instrumentation and energy transformation. Aberdeen is the energy capital of Europe, and situated at the centre of that, our school has an international focus for the many evolving technologies associated with energy. The first two years are common to all three of our Mechanical Engineering courses. At the end of year 2, you can make an informed decision about which route you wish to follow.
It will give you the ability to work methodically and logically to solve real-life problems in the face of conflicting requirements, and equip you with the skills to manage challenges in your future career.
Our graduates are highly sought after and many of them gain employment in the global oil and gas engineering sector. Our graduates are now employed in roles such as: Marine Engineer, Senior Well Engineer, Drilling Manager, Specialist Drilling Engineer, Petroleum Engineer, Rig Manager, Subsea Engineer and Business Analyst.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electrical Power
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- Signal Acquisition, Instrumentation and Control
- Environmental Engineering
- Project Management, Team-Working and Leadership
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
January entry (International Fee-Paying Students Only)
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Marine Engineering View 345 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- SQA Higher: ABBB to include Maths and either Engineering Science, Physics or Technological Studies. English at National 5 grade C or above is required if not held at Higher.
- GCE A Level: BBC to include Maths and either Design and Technology, Engineering or Physics. GCSE English at grade 5/C or above is required if not held at A Level.
- Irish Leaving Certificate Higher: H2H2H2H3 to include Maths and either Physics or Technological Studies. English at grade O3 or above is required if not held at Higher.
- IB Diploma: 29 to include Higher Level Maths and Physics, one of which must be at grade 6 and one at grade 5. English is required at a minimum of Standard Level grade 4.
International16650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16650 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1820 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Rest of UK Students
- £6,750 per academic year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.