This course includes the core aspects of the Mechanical Engineering course combined with a specialism in Electrical Engineering.
As a Mechanical Engineer you may be working with the design, construction and operation of machines, structures and industrial plant used in a very-wide range of industries. Electrical engineering involves the technology of power generation and transmission, electrical generators, motors, the development and operation of renewable energy schemes and environmentally-friendly engineering systems.
The first two years are common to all three of our Mechanical Engineering courses. At the end of year 2, you can make an informed decision about which route you wish to follow.
Our graduates are highly sought after and many of them gain employment in the global oil and gas engineering sector. However, opportunities also exist in many other areas of mechanical engineering such as aerospace, transport, marine technology, health and bioengineering. Career pathways for graduates include: mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, design engineer, project engineer and risk and safety engineer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Electrical Engineering
- Professional Skills
- Statics and Dynamics
- Product Development
- Introduction to Design, Materials and Manufacture
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
January entry (International Fee-Paying Students Only)
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Mechanical Engineering View 284 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- SQA Higher: ABBB to include Maths and either Engineering Science, Physics or Technological Studies. English at National 5 grade C or above is required if not held at Higher.
- GCE A Level: BBC to include Maths and either Design and Technology, Engineering or Physics. GCSE English at grade 5/C or above is required if not held at A Level.
- Irish Leaving Certificate Higher: H2H2H2H3 to include Maths and either Physics or Technological Studies. English at grade O3 or above is required if not held at Higher.
- IB Diploma: 29 to include Higher Level Maths and Physics, one of which must be at grade 6 and one at grade 5. English is required at a minimum of Standard Level grade 4.
International16650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16650 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1820 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Rest of UK Students
- £6,750 per academic year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.