At the Robert Gordon University studying the BSc Forensic and Analytical Science involves the analysis of biological, chemical or physical samples collected as evidence during a criminal investigation. As a Forensic Scientist you will provide crucial scientific evidence which may link a suspect to the scene of the crime, the victim, or the weapon.
The key problem-solving and analytical skills developed in forensic and analytical science are widely sought after in many other industrial sectors including the oil, gas, pharmaceutical, and food industries.
A diverse range of opportunities within the Scottish Police Services Authority and Forensic Science Laboratories are available, including scene examination, fire investigation, laboratory analysis and health and safety, and police graduate entry. Alternatively, a number of students opt for careers in industry in which employment prospects are particularly good (including pharmaceutical, oil and biotechnology).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Crime Scene and Forensic Techniques
- Applied Microbiology
- Chemistry For Life Sciences
- Biology for Life Sciences
- Biomolecular Science
- Analytical Techniques for Life Sciences
- Practical Skills for Life Sciences
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesForensic Science View 170 other Masters in Forensic Science in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- SQA Higher: BBBC to include Chemistry and one further science from Biology/Human Biology, Maths or Physics, English and Maths are required at National 5 grade B or above if not held at Higher.
- GCE A Level: BCC to include Chemistry and one further science from Biology/Human Biology, Maths or Physics, English and Maths are required at GCSE grade 6 or above if not held at A Level.
- Irish Leaving Certificate Higher: H2H3H3H3 to include Chemistry and one further science from Biology/Human Biology, Maths and Physics, English and Maths are required at grade O2 or above if not held at Higher.
International15040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15040 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1820 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Rest of UK Students
- £6,750 per academic year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.