At the Robert Gordon University studying the BSc Cyber Security (Hons) you will learn how software and hardware systems are vulnerable to attack, and gain practical skills in how to defeat malicious threats. You will be equipped with the knowledge and experience required to gain industry-approved external professional certifications in networking and security to augment your Honours degree. This will form the basis of your career as a professional Cyber Security Specialist who can work effectively to protect critical systems from internal and external threats.
91% of graduates of this course go on to work and/or study six months after finishing the course
The course prepares you for a career in as a Cyber Security Specialist. There is a large and growing demand for graduates who have the ability to secure computing networks and protect the critical information systems of businesses and government organisations. As a graduate of the course you could find employment in a variety of areas from the financial sector, commercial or industrial companies to the national security services. Possible employment opportunities include: IT Security Engineer, Information and Data Security Analyst, Network Manager, IT Security Developer, IT Risk and Fraud Specialist and E-business Security Analyst, Digital Forensics Expert.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Computing
- Computing Information Systems
- Problem Solving and Modelling
- Problem Solving And Modelling
- Computer Systems and Networking
- Object Oriented Programming
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIT Security Cyber Security View 166 other Masters in Cyber Security in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- SQA Higher: BBBC and two further passes to include English and Maths at National 5 grade C or above if not held at Higher. Applicants who have successfully completed two Advanced Highers (or equivalent), including Computing and another numerate subject, may be eligible.
- GCE A Level: BCC and two further passes to include English and Maths at GCSE grade 5/C if not held at A Level.
- Irish Leaving Certificate Higher: H2H3H3H3 and two further passes to include English and Maths at grade O3 or above if not held at Higher.
- IB Diploma: 27 to include a pass in Standard Level English and Maths at grade 4 or above if not held at Higher Level.
International15040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15040 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1820 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Rest of UK Students
- £6,750 per academic year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.