At the Robert Gordon University studying the BSc Applied Biomedical Science (Hons) you will be well-prepared for a future career in the exciting field of biomedical science.
As a Biomedical Scientist, you could work on the screening of cells and tissues for cancer, diagnosis of diabetes, the testing of blood to ensure that it is suitable for transfusion, or identification of the bacterial and viral organisms responsible for food poisoning. It is a very important profession where you will work in partnership with Doctors, Nurses and other healthcare professionals, to make a difference to people’s lives.
The majority of our graduates secure employment within the NHS Laboratory Service. The course will also equip you with the relevant skills needed to work within the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries including technical and marketing departments, forensic science laboratories, teaching and clinical research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Microbiology
- Biomedical Science: Personal Skills Development
- Chemistry For Life Sciences
- Biology for Life Sciences
- Biomolecular Science
- Biomedical Science: Professional Practice
- Analytical Techniques for Life Sciences
- Practical Skills for Life Sciences
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Bioinformatics View 176 other Masters in Bioinformatics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- SQA Higher: BBBB to include Biology/Human Biology plus one from Chemistry, Maths or Physics. Chemistry, English and Maths are required at National 5 grade B or above if not held at Higher.
- GCE A Level: BCC to include Biology plus one from Chemistry, Maths or Physics. Chemistry, English and Maths are required at GCSE grade 6/B or above if not held at A Level.
- IB Diploma: 28 to include Higher Level Biology plus one from Chemistry, Maths or Physics at grade 5. Standard Level English and Maths are required at grade 4 if not held at Higher Level.
International15040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15040 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1820 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Rest of UK Students
- £6,750 per academic year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.