This New Media Studies (Hons) program at Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology is one third theory, practice and context, and it explores the development of media and its evolution in to the digital era. It examines ways to both create and better understand visual and written communication in a digital culture. In year 3, students have a 20 week work placement and get the opportunity to work in the media industry or study abroad as an Erasmus student.
What will I do?
- You will make short videos and documentaries for TV and social media.
- You will develop your skills in blogging, e-journalism and script-writing and work in Radio and TV studios developing your production skills.
- Students will gain an understanding of the history of the development of media and its evolution into the digital era.
- You will develop production skills for digital and traditional media.
- Develop skills in writing, blogging, newswritting, press releases, as well as skills in story telling for social networks, podcasts, television & radio.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Media Production
- Digital Storytelling: Cinema + Cultural Studies
- Media Law
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMedia Studies & Mass Media Digital Communication View 22 other Bachelors in Media Studies & Mass Media in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Prospective international undergraduate students must apply to the CAO by the relevant closing dates.
- When we assess applications we establish qualification equivalencies to ensure that each applicant meets the required academic threshold for entry.
- Certified transcripts and English translations of qualifications not issued originally in English must be submitted with your CAO application.
International13500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Dún Laoghaire
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.