Study the Bachelor of Nutrition Science from Deakin University to develop an understanding of human nutrition and its impact on health. Learn how to tackle challenges facing our society including disease prevention, lifespan nutrition, obesity, the spread of misinformation, and the social and physiological effects of food on our wellbeing.
Put your theory into practice in our state-of-the-art food sensory labs. Designed just like those in industry settings, our labs provide hands-on experience that prepares you for the workplace. On top of that, you can gain 100 hours of additional workplace training through industry placements.
As a nutritionist, you will have the knowledge and skills to confidently provide evidence-based advice to communities regarding food and its impact on our health. Graduates of the Bachelor of Nutrition Science will be well prepared for careers requiring knowledge surrounding:
- individual and population health
- food analysis
- food sustainability
- food policy
- nutrition for disease prevention
- assessing and evaluating food intake.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Laboratory and Fieldwork Safety Induction Program
- Foundations of Food, Nutrition and Health
- Healthy and Sustainable Food Systems
- Chemistry in Our World
- Food and Nutrition Laboratory Safety
- The Science of Food
- Food Fundamentals
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 74 other Bachelors in Nutrition & Dietetics in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Prerequisite subjects: Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 30 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or at least 25 in English other than EAL.
- ATAR: This course uses the ATAR as part of its selection consideration
If you have undertaken at least one unit of higher education after secondary schooling, your selection is based on the following.
Education:This course uses your entire academic record as part of its selection considerations.
- Senior secondary prerequisite subjects: Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 30 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or at least 25 in English other than EAL or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International36400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36400 AUD per year during 36 months.
National8135 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8135 AUD per year during 36 months.
- National - Commonwealth Supported Place
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.