This Sports Science with Exercise Physiology four-year BSc (Hons) at Athlone Institute of Technology will equip students with the necessary skills to meet the needs of elite athletes, as well as the health and fitness requirements of the general population.
The degree combines areas such as performance testing, nutrition, exercise therapy for recovery, analytical techniques used for screening performance-enhancing drugs, and biomechanics. Over the course of four years, you will learn how the human body operates, from the physiology of the heart, to the operation and interaction of the respiratory, nervous, urinary and reproductive systems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Populations,
- Health and Nutrition Research Methods,
- Sports Injuries Performance Analysis,
- Sport and Exercise Physiology,
- Applied Coaching Science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
EEA students deadline: 1 February
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 15 other Masters in Sports Sciences in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Elite Sportsperson Entry Scheme:
- Up to five places will be reserved each year for outstanding candidates who have reached a very high standard of sporting achievement, through performance or coaching and who are committed to further developing their sporting and academic careers.
- Applicants must satisfy the minimum entry requirements for Level 8 degrees. In addition, applicants must have reached a specified sports standard to be eligible for this very competitive scheme and selection of successful candidates will be based on a range of criteria, including sporting achievements and evidence of a commitment to a career in sports science.
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
- Be a first time undergraduates
- Hold EU Nationality
Living costs for Athlone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.