Microbiology at Athlone Institute of Technology is diverse which is reflected in sub-disciplines such as Medical, Environmental, Food and Industrial Microbiology. Several modern scientific disciplines including Genetic Engineering, Genomics, Bioinformatics, Microbial Biotechnology, Immunology and Molecular Biology originated from classical microbiology and therefore form an integral part of the teaching and research of Microbiology in AIT.
An industrial placement during the third year of the course provides an opportunity to gain valuable experience and establish direct links with industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematics for Scientists,
- Biology for Microbiologists,
- Learning and Development for Higher Education in Microbiology,
- Information Technology for Scientists
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- EEA students deadline: 1 February
DisciplinesMicrobiology Bioinformatics Genetics View 5 other Masters in Microbiology in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Grade H5 in two higher- level subjects, Grade 05 in Mathematics at ordinary level, plus three subjects at Grade O6 at ordinary level. Subjects to include a language (English or Irish).
- Any major QQI award with three distinctions and a pass in C20139 or 5N1833 or C20174 or C2017 or Leaving Certificate Maths at O6/H7.
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
- Be a first time undergraduates
- Hold EU Nationality
Living costs for Athlone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.