In first year, the basic building blocks of science are introduced, as well as a number of modules which build on transferable skills and pave the way for the transition to third level education.
Athletic and Rehabilitation Therapy at Athlone Institute of Technology is introduced as a profession and students will have the opportunity to become involved in the pre-participation screening of injuries in various teams including collegiate and professional teams.
In the second year, anatomy, conditions and injuries serve as the theme, while students will be introduced to clinical practice through student-led clinics and practical placements.In year 3, clinical practice with student-led clinics is further developed and the main themes are injuries, diagnosis and therapies, thereby creating the foundation pillars for the clinical practice placement which takes place in the first semester in year 4.
As a graduate from this programme, you may expect to find rewarding careers in the areas of sports injury clinics, employment with amateur and professional sports clubs and teams, employment with national governing bodies of sports associations, and in health and fitness centres. You could also be self-employed as an Athletic Rehabilitation Therapist. Other areas of activity include preventing, treating and the rehabilitation of injuries in sport and physical activity arenas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Learning and Development for Higher Education,
- Mathematics for Sport and Health,
- Introduction to Athletic and Rehabilitation Therapy,
- Anatomy of the Upper and Lower Quadrant,
- Cell Biology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- EEA students deadline: 1 February
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy View 10 other Masters in Physiotherapy in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must be 17 years of age in January in the year of entry to programme of study at AIT.
- Applicants must have successfully completed High School Diploma with good grades in Mathematics and English (average of 60%). Indian applicants must have completed Standard XII Examinations with minimum average of 60% in English and Maths.
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
- Be a first time undergraduates
- Hold EU Nationality
Living costs for Athlone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.