The degree in Biotechnology at Athlone Institute of Technology is designed to provide students with the necessary foundation of scientific knowledge, understanding and skill to build a career as a biotechnologist.
The student experience will include the following:
- Lectures, tutorials and practical classes delivered in modern well-equipped teaching rooms and laboratories.
- Highly qualified lecturers with a broad range of research, teaching and industrial experience.
- A comprehensive hands-on training in basic and advanced laboratory skills, and in the operation of scientific equipment.
- Opportunities to develop soft skills in oral and written communication, teamwork, problem solving, time and project management, numeracy skills and computer literacy
- Final year business and research project modules where students work independently to develop and pursue commercial ideas and novel research topics under the guidance of experienced mentors
- Exposure to to various biopharmaceutical and industrial environments through frequent site visits.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematics for Scientists
- Learning and Development for Higher Education
- Information Technology for Scientists
- Scientific Computing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- EEA students deadline: 1 February
DisciplinesBiotechnology View 14 other Masters in Biotechnology in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must be 17 years of age in January in the year of entry to programme of study at AIT.
- Applicants must have successfully completed High School Diploma with good grades in Mathematics and English (average of 60%). Indian applicants must have completed Standard XII Examinations with minimum average of 60% in English and Maths.
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
- Be a first time undergraduates
- Hold EU Nationality
Living costs for Athlone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.