Applied Social Studies in Social Care students at Athlone Institute of Technology will experience a variety of modules and lectures to help them acquire the knowledge, skills and confidence to support society’s more vulnerable or dependent children or adults.
A work placement (minimum of 800 hours) is a central figure of the student’s experience during the three years (9 weeks per year).This programme leads to a qualification which allows graduates to work as a professional Social Care Worker. It will equip students to find employment with different service users in a variety of care settings such as: residential child care; disability sector; youth and community, family support services; people who are homeless; Travellers; people who are drug and alcohol dependent, and older people.
This programme leads to a qualification which allows graduates to work as a social care worker. It will equip students to find employment in a variety of areas such as residential care, disability services, mental health services, family support services and homelessness services.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Learning and Development for Higher Education
- Contemporary Social Care Practice 1.1
- Introduction to Sociology
- An Introduction to Law
- Applied Social Care Placement 1
- Contemporary Social Care Practice 1.2
- Developmental Psychology
- Interactional Approaches to Social Care 1.2.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- EEA students deadline: 1 February
DisciplinesPublic Health View 45 other Masters in Public Health in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Grade 06 at ordinary level in five subjects in the Leaving Certificate examination. Two of these subjects must be Maths and a language (English or Irish). Note: An FL2 in Foundation Level Mathematics will be accepted as meeting the minimum Mathematics requirements for entry to this course.
- Applicants must have successfully completed High School Diploma with good grades in Mathematics and English (average of 60%). Indian applicants must have completed Standard XII Examinations with minimum average of 60% in English and Maths.
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
- Be a first time undergraduates
- Hold EU Nationality
Living costs for Athlone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.