On completion of this Social Care Practice programme at Athlone Institute of Technology, you will demonstrate both leadership and management capabilities to support and enable those entrusted to your care. Work placements, amounting to a total of 800 hours, form an essential part of this four-year programme. Placements are undertaken in years 2, 3 and 4. You will learn the attitudes, knowledge, skills and proficiencies that are unique to the role of a Social Care Worker.
Completion of two practice placements (800 hours) is a mandatory part of the programme. The relationship between academic learning, the use of self and practical application is central to the programme. Students will be guided in their practice placement choice. Allocation to practice placements is based on the need to integrate theory and practice, as well as to facilitate the student’s progressive learning towards achieving independence in practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Psychology
- Professional Social Care Practice
- Learning and Development for Higher Education
- Health Promotion in Social Care
- Principles of Sociology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- EEA students deadline: 1 February
DisciplinesPublic Health View 45 other Masters in Public Health in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Grade H5 at higher level in two subjects, plus Grade O6/H7 in four other subjects in the Leaving Certificate.
- Two of these subjects must be mathematics and a language (English or Irish). Note: An FL2 in foundation level mathematics will be accepted as meeting the minimum mathematics requirements for entry to this programme.
- Mature applicants are not required to meet minimum entry requirements. However, an interview may form part of the selection process.
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
- Be a first time undergraduates
- Hold EU Nationality
Living costs for Athlone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.