With the Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering and Management Science at the Bern University of Applied Sciences, you’ll be ideally placed to perform highly responsible roles in areas where business, IT and engineering converge.
The Business Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain and Process Engineering specialisations allow you to focus on a field of your choice. The programme being taught in two languages (German/English) also opens up opportunities abroad or with international companies.
A Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering and Management Science will enable you to:
- perform challenging roles in areas where business, IT and engineering overlap
- develop and implement innovative business ideas for companies or your own start-up
- analyse and evaluate supply chains and optimise them in a sustainable way
- conduct research and apply findings in real scenariosdevelop solutions for technical and business problems
- communicate and give presentations successfully
- Business process management
- Data analysis and visualisation
- Product and service design
- Analysis, evaluation and optimisation of production plants
- Sensor technology, Internet of Things, production systems
- Data management and big data
- Planning systems in production and logistics
- Supply chain management based on real-time data
- Process analyses and their automation
- Sustainable and transparent supply chains (circular economy)
- Technologies and IT systems in logistics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Swiss or foreign school-leaving qualification (upper secondary level) equivalent to the vocational baccalaureate and a one-year vocational internship in a related profession.
- Admission procedure: by dossier
- Language skills: B2 (language diploma required)
- A specialised baccalaureate and a one-year vocational internship
- We recommend that you complete a preparatory course in mathematics.
- A federal diploma from a professional education institution in a technology or science discipline and vocational training with the Federal VET Diploma in a profession related to the discipline.
- Previous academic achievements may be recognised in certain cases, allowing you to start off in a higher semester.
International1824 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 912 EUR per semester during 36 months.
National1440 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 720 EUR per semester during 36 months.
- National: CHF 750
- International: CHF 950
Living costs for Bern
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.