This programme in Civil Engineering at the Namibia University of Science and Technology builds to a level of conceptual sophistication, specialised knowledge and intellectual autonomy in accordance with requirements at NQF level 8. Furthermore, the programme in Civil Engineering demands a high level of theoretical engagement and intellectual independence and aims to foster deepened, comprehensive and systematic expertise in the major subject/cognate areas of learning, i.e. structural engineering, transportation engineering, water engineering and geotechnical engineering.
Students will be equipped with cognitive and intellectual skills, key transferable skills, and professional/technical/practical skills that would enable them to plan, design, construct, and maintain the physical and naturally built environment, including works like bridges, roads, canals, dams, and buildings. The programme includes a substantial element of Work Integrated Learning and requires the conduct and reporting of supervised research in order to adequately prepare students for entry into the profession.
- Professional Engineers (structural, transportation, water and geotechnical engineering).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The principal purposes of this programme are to:
- Provide students with professional competencies related to professional practice in Civil Engineering so as to meet to the needs of the industry/market;
- Equip students with a foundation for further intellectual development and opportunities for gainful employment and rewarding contributions to society;
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- 37 points in 5 subjects including a minimum Grade 3 in Mathematics, Physical Science and English on NSSC Higher Level.
- For detailed Admission Requirements, please refer to the Yearbook.
International2421 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2421 USD per year during 48 months.
National2421 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2421 USD per year during 48 months.
- 36,061 Nad
Living costs for Windhoek
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.